Research, analysis, and documentation of the ways in which the economy is affecting women’s lives, while amplifying and pressing for recognition of women’s struggles, knowledge, propositions and aspirations for the implementation of instruments on gender equality.
The program will increased gender-sensitive research that will equip and educate women with relevant knowledge and skills that are responsive to the needs of girls and women at individual, social, political and economic levels.
- Research to generate empirical gender disaggregated data as to continue pressuring for gender equality and promotion of women's rights
- Monitor and advocate for the implementation of all the international treaties including AU and UN
- Increased gender-sensitive research that will equip and educate women with relevant knowledge and skills that are responsive to the needs of girls and women at individual, social, political and economic levels
- Develop a databank of information that is useful in advocacy and helpful in enriching the membership, women and other development partners in knowledge on women’s issues
Create a research hub to undertake long term research in fields where research evidence could make the most difference through these following priority areas
- Create mechanisms for knowledge sharing, consultation and cooperation for optimum involvement of women in African development processes
- Improve the data management systems of AWIF and member organizations
- Assist in the development of information and communication tools for rural women
- Strengthen AWIF‘s digital network to ensure access to information, training programs and economic opportunities nationally, regionally and internationally
- Research and collate information on economic empowerment and opportunities available